Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nuevas Aventuras

Buenas tardes.  Aquí estoy de nuevo escribiéndoles de los milagros de la semana.  Había muchos.  Primeramente quisiera hablar de mi nueva companera.  Hermanita Coles.  She is from Washington D.C. and was studying at BYU-I.  She has just been here 3 months or so.  We had a great week.  She is incredible.  You know what, she reminds me a little bit of Grandpa Goertzen.  Always positive, ready to go, always happy...I am so grateful.  

I am coming to realize what a blessing it is to stay in this area for so long.   I have seen incredible things.  Recent Converts getting their patriarchal blessings.  New members coming out and teaching with us~suddenly switching roles.  We had a really cool experience this weekend.  We went to teach a woman who is going through Breast Cancer treatment very similar to what Mom had...and she happens to be in the middle of building a new house!  We took with us Rebecca who was just baptized in Dec...and let me tell you for someone who didn't like to have any strangers in her house...that was a big step to come out and do visits with us.  So, this woman we were visiting opened the door.  Her face red from the radiation her eyebrows and eye lashes gone with a scarf around her head...I could just see my Mom.  We went in and began to talk to her...get to know her and this woman amazed me.  She has so much faith.  The Lord gives us trials because he trusts we can handle them and he knows they will make us stronger.  I am seeing that over and over again.  As we talked to this woman it brought back a flood of memories...she talked about how there is a time for everything.  How she is beginning to recognize the blessings of having to go through this trial. I was reminded of what Mom always said about how much stronger our family became and how she stopped worrying so much about the little things and started focusing on the important things.  I also remember my own personal reliance on the Savior during that time.  I remember praying that his will would be done and that our family would be at peace.  I remember how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ helped me and us as a family...I hope as she reads the Book of Mormon and prays she will see it from that perspective.  It was amazing to have sitting by my side while teaching a woman who just 2 months ago was in the investigators shoes..and to see how she has changed through faith in Jesus Christ.  This work is absolutely incredible.

The elders in our wards had 2 baptisms this week and we helped put them on.  I am coming to realize that part of my mission has been using my singing voice.  I used to be afraid to sing as Mom knows..jaja.  Now we pull off a song after practicing maybe once if there is time.  I miss having companions that like to sing.  Our District leader is a good singer so we've been keeping the musical numbers going.  During the baptism of a young couple on Sat we sang by request Be Still My Soul...right after Claudia was baptized.  We stood by to hand her her towel as she came out of the baptismal font and she just stood there with her towel tears coming down her face almost speechless.  She couldn't explain how she felt~she was so happy.  She said, that song was so beautiful, I've never felt like this before...something like..this is the best feeling.  Music brings the spirit.  It opens hearts.  It is a gift.  Also, one of our investigators came to the baptism...MIRACLE!

I have been reading the Book of Mormon highlighting the attributes and names of Christ and it is really cool...the whole book is about Christ and full of his name.  Specifically as a district we are focusing on virtue and most recently knowledge.  Virtue is power.  Knowledge helps develop virtue.  I've been reading in Helaman and it talks about how a life centered on Christ will keep us from falling when problems and trials come.  It also talks about how we should pray for strength from the Lord so that we can come off conqueror.  I was promised somewhere in the beginning of this long journey that if I trusted the Lord I would come off Conqueror with my Savior at my side.  That promise is being fulfilled.  I can see it.  I see the changes in those around me and myself through Jesus Christ.  A lesson I will hold on to forever.

Se que el señor me esta ensenando y fortaleciendo cada día.  El me esta ayudando en cada momento.  Tengo tanto que hacer y no tengo mucho tiempo...entonces hasta luego :)  

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Holland
  

No comments:

Post a Comment