Monday, February 13, 2012

Las Oraciones son Contestadas

Buenas tardes!  Esta semana ha sido interesante.  We have officially entered dust storm season here in El Paso I believe I am going to need some goggles to see my way through at some point.  That is what they say at least...we will see.  It is pretty nasty!  Quick story~ the other day we were visiting a member and referral out in the middle of NOWHERE.  They live in a trailor with a big property with horses and tons of tierra(dirt).  So when we got there there was so much wind it turned into a bit of a sand storm.  As we were trying to get out of the truck without being slammed back in...my companion who is seriously HILARIOUS starts making her way through the dust  to the door and yells~ LIKE REAL MISSIONARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was laughing so hard I could hardly keep going.  You know me..random things make me laugh. hard. 

As for the people here...still as amazing as ever.  We are trying to get things going again here in Horizon so this week we focused A LOT on finding!  The most exciting part.  So we had a couple days where our apointments all fell through and no one was home...and the wind was real bad.  But once again the Lord came through in the end.  When we got to the ward party that night one of the members had brought her sister who is not a member even though her kids have been baptized.  We became friends right away.  But this is an interesting family.  The Mother only speaks Spanish but the kids like English better so she takes them to the English ward.  So the poor Mom has come to church faithfully for many years not understanding hardly anything!  What a trooper.  She knows how crucial it is for her daughters all being teenagers.  So this woman's sister doesn't speak English either but came to the English Ward with her Sister.  So I had the honors of being her translator.  We had a blast.  I think she will get baptized even though I don't know her all that well yet.  She is a lot of fun.  It really works praying and fasting that Heavenly Father will bring those who are prepared to listen to church.  It is super cool.  So that was the miracle of the week.  And it came after much hard work and rejection.  We had 2 investigators who we went back to teach with a member, and before we could really say anything they told us they did not believe in the Book of Mormon and they gave it back to us.  But funny how this week I also have gained a stronger testimony than I ever have had of the Book of Mormon.  I feel like my whole life and especially my whole mission I have looked for that one time answer where you KNOW the Book of Mormon is true... putting Moroni's promise to the test...that when you read the Book of Mormon sincerely and ask God in the name of Jesus Christ if these things are true he will tell you through the power of the Holy Ghost.  So I've asked many times and what always entered my mind was "ya sabes" You already know...I would think back to the many times i've just opened the Book of Mormon and started to read finding answers to my prayers.  Continual acts of faith build my testimony a little bit at a time.  Then the other night our leaders asked us to put this promise to the test and pray as long and as hard as we needed to get an answer if the Book of Mormon is true or not.  So I did it the other night and it was like the accumulation of all the studying praying testifying and teaching came into one simple clear thought and answer.  That is what it is all about.  God answers in his own time, in his own way, and after we have done all we can do.  Small acts of faith lead to a perfect knowledge...and that knowledge comes from God.  God lives and He does answer our prayers.

Yo se que el senor nos ha dado muchas bendiciones y mucha ayuda para que podamos vivir una vida feliz.  No importa quien somos todos nostros podemos sentir el amor del senor.  Como dice la escritura 1 Nefi 21:14-16 Una madre no puede olvidar de sus hijos tal como nuestro Padre Celestial nunca va a olvidar de sus hijos aqui en la tierra.  Se que las promesas del senor se van a cumplir.  

Can I just say...the members here are incredible.  Just now a young dad and his daughter dropped by to pick up a Book of Mormon to give to a man he met this afternoon.  I am learning so much from these people and I hope to be missionaries like them for the rest of my life.  If the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on your mind all day...you won't be able to keep from sharing it with someone! :) 

I love you all so much.  Happy Valentines Day!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment