Monday, January 30, 2012

Milagros que Vienen Del Senor






Hoy es la empieza de mi ultimo traslado.  Mañana voy a recibir una nueva companera y todavía no se quien es.  Entiende Mama???!

So mi querida familia como están?  It has been another beautiful week here in Horizon.  Teaching up a storm in the dusty, tumble weed filled streets of El Paso.  I would just like to tell you about my new best friends... 

 Trinidad and her incredible daughters.  So Wednesday we were driving to visit an investigator way out in the "aguas" when a member called us.  I picked up and she said she had a friend at her house who needed some help and was interested in learning more.  I told her we would be right there.  We turned around and headed over.  We arrived at her home to find a young mother with somewhat of a desperate look on her face and her two young boys.  By the way this is all in Spanish...so I am on my own.  I asked her what was wrong.  She sort of started to cry and tell us her husband was taken by immigration in December and she is doing all she can to find work, but cannot.  She has 6 children and is having trouble supporting them.  Her friend had told her about Hna Carillo (the member who called) so she decided to just show up at her door and see if she could help her.  I just love it when that happens.  Those who are prepared just fall right into your lap sometimes...and that teaches me over and over, this is the Lord's work.  I found myself talking to her purely about Jesus Christ and his love for her...how His Gospel had been restored and how the Book of Mormon can help her find peace.  The next day we arrived at her house to find her reading the Book of Mormon.  She explained how she just felt the need to go to Church not really knowing why.  Then the few days before church all the distractions and added stress set in.  One night we arrived to find Trinidad making a HUGE pile of Chile Rellenos to sell.  We invited her girls to New Beginnings the Young Womans Program.  All three came and were so cute....there something special about this family.   You can just tell when you walk into their house.

Remember Hermana Batchkoff.  When she started her Mission here she found and taught a woman named Lucy who was pretty close to getting baptized...I had gone back with Hna Wagner to see her and after that visit we lost contact.  But every time we would pass by I would just feel like we needed to go see her again.  There was just something about it hanging on in my mind.  So we walked over there this week and had a talk with her.  I was completely honest....You are probably wondering why in the world we are here.  Honestly, I don't even know, all I know is you've been on my mind and I've felt like we should come by.  She was like...Well I am really glad you did.  I've been thinking about you too.  She is so lost and confused right now...She needs this.  But she is afraid of the changes she will have to make I think...we will see what we can do.  She is probably the sweetest lady i've ever met.  An accountant...which makes it even better!

I found out I am staying here in Horizon to finish out my mission.  It feels like I have a family here now.  As I reflect back.  There have just been so many miracles and so many changed lives.  There have been many frustrations and concerns.  But every experience is refining.  I feel a little like a mission is a cycle of breaking one down and building him or her back up even stronger. It is a matter of figuring out how to stop thinking about yourself.  As soon as I started to figure that out, I started to be happy and figure out who I really was.  This transfer has made it a little hard to not go backwards in that aspect but I have done my best to stay focused or shall I say compartmentalize...and just be positive.  The Lord truly has a plan for everything especially in His work.  

Se que hay milliones de personas que pasamos todos los dias y quisiera hablar con todos sobre este mensaje de felicidad.  Este traslado quiero enfocarme en como yo puedo tener mas caridad.  Como yo puedo mostrarla.  Siento el amor de Dios hacia todos.  Eso es un don de mi Padre Celestial.  Se que el Senor nos ama y nos quiere dar otra oportunidad todos los dias.  Y es posible solo por la expiacion de Jesucristo.  Hay familias aqui que siempre estan dispuestas al ayudar.  Son ejemplos para mi.  Quiero llegar a ser como ellos un dia.  Si el Senor y su evangelio es central en mi vida eso es lo que lograremos.  

Les quiero mucho.  Que tengan una buena semana!

Hermana Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment