Monday, January 16, 2012

No Entiendo Todo Pero Sigo


Buenas Tardes!  Quisiera compartir una escritura con uds que me ayudo mucho esta semana~ "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and the great condescensions unto the children of me, that we have power to do these things." (Jacob 4:7)  I notice that every good thing that happens in the work has happened because I am willing and striving in my many weaknesses...He makes it happen and I am available and willing to help.  If we did not have weakness pride would make this practically impossible.  But it isn't impossible because our weaknesses can become strengths through Christ...and we will see it is not our doing but His.  This week so many good things happened along with some hard things.  But I couldn't help but think at the end of it all last night when we ran through the pouring rain to our truck...how did all that just happen? Jesus Christ. Patience. Not Giving Up!

The work is taking off again here in Horizon.  We have 3 young ppl set to be baptized this weekend.  The kids of Rebecca who was baptized in December and Joselyn the cutest sweetest little girl i've ever taught!  The support of the members this week was amazing and for that reason MIRACLES ARE HAPPENING!  Also, I learned once again sometimes you just have to wait for people to come to you and stop trying so hard.  There is a family I taught back in July or Aug the neighbor of a member.  Awesome family..but they kind of disappeared.  I have just always felt the need to keep going to back to try them but then came to the conclusion that maybe we just need to knock this street...maybe its the street.  So the other day we were walking down this street after knocking the father of this family we had taught was outside.  He said, We need to meet when can you come over?  So we set up a time and had an awesome lesson with the whole family.  Last night we had a family night with their neighbors who gave us the referral and they came.  After the FHE the Dad told us, we read the chapter you left us.  We prayed before and after together.  We liked it. We are going to keep reading!  WOW!  Que suave.  Bendiciones.  This family is awesome and I am excited to see what comes of it all.

Church was so COOL yesterday!  We got our 2 little jovencita friends there...well Sarai did, the most incredible ward missionary ever went to pick them up...they were both asleep but she woke them both up and brought them!  Also, a former investigator showed up to church with her kids and her oldest daughter came up to me and said, I want to be baptized.  Also, a man who we had contacted during the week and said he would be at church came.  Heavenly Father sure does bring those who are prepared to church.  Just to show you how incredible Sarai is, we were out with her husband and little 3 year old daughter to go do a visit.  Her daughter is usually like our  best friend, but when I got in the car next to her she was just looking straight ahead with this really focused angry look on her face.  Then after a few minutes, she just started to throw up...big time.  They pull over, get out let her finish then get it somewhat cleaned up.  Meanwhile Sarai is like...man sorry we are going to be late to the apt...I hate being late! Haha...she was like they can just wait in the car.  WHAT! no way...I insisted they take us back to the car and we could just go over.  The apt ended up canceling right then so it was no problem but seriously this woman is just about as crazy as me.  I like it.  There are some incredible members here and I am so grateful for their examples.  I didn't understand before being a missionary how important member support is but it will make or break it.  

The week was filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows as is the the life of a missionary.  A young divorced single mom of 6 children who seemed so open, so inviting...we taught 3 or 4 times then all of a sudden after giving everything I had to teach them the plan of salvation practically by myself because it was in Spanish tells us she is going to her church on Sunday and isn't really interested in us coming back makes me wonder what did I do wrong until I remember i've given my best...my whole heart and now it is in the Lord's hands...to a family that approaches you and asks when can you come by and teach us, then reads the scriptures and prays as a family for the first time...there is nothing like it....not to mention witnessing a seriously passionate mother daughter fight...in Spanish I might add..and being the only one that understands what is going on. ...not knowing what to say when a parent asks you for parenting advice.  Turning them to the scriptures and most importantly the Lord Jesus Christ being my role in all of that.  Eating some of the best Mexican food of my life...those are my thoughts.  This is all something else.  How to love when you don't feel loved back....praying your way through the day...and trying to be like Christ. 

Yo se que la obra misional esta en las manos del Senor.  Lo que yo quiero aveces no es la voluntad de Dios y por eso tengo que aprender como dar todo a el para que su voluntad sea mi voluntad.  Nunca he sentido asi como estoy dando todo que tengo hasta al punto estar en mi cama en el fin del dia y sentir como no puedo mover ni pensar.  Mi mente esta en "overdrive" pero esta muy bien por que todo que estoy haciendo es por las personas aqui y en realidad el senor.  Yo se que el evangelio de Jesucristo ayude a los padres saber como ayudar a sus hijos.  Es un tesoro.  Un tesoro que necesitamos compartir.

I love you all so much.  Be happy. Smile...and have a GREAT week!

Les quiero mucho.

Hermana Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment