Monday, January 16, 2012

Perserverar Hasta El Fin




First off~ Heavenly Father knows you and knows what you need.  Sometimes it isn't what you are expecting or what you would think.  But he is always doing what is best so trust Him.  That is what I am trying to do.

Have you ever not known what to do, how to express yourself, or what to say and decided to just write?  Because it works!  And what it all came down to at the end of the page...I will never give up.  It is true what was said by an apostle of the Lord, often when we write what or how we feel we receive revelation for ourselves.  

This has been a week unlike any i've ever had in my whole life.  I am grateful for it.  Heavenly Father has blessed us incredibly with two incredible baptisms.  The two kids of Rebecca who was baptized about a month ago were baptized.  It was such a cool service.  The boys only invited a few families they knew because they wanted to keep it small.  The Simpson family was practically the whole program.  But...about 20 min before the baptism we get a message that everyone in the house is fighting and the daughter who was going to give the talk ran out of the house and they can't find her.  Hijole...so I didn't worry too much, I knew they would get here.  They walked in just a few minutes late, and the daughter who was going to give the talk had been crying and was fighting back tears.  I asked her if she wanted me to give the talk.  She said she could do it.  She got up there and bore her testimony and I think that was the best medicine she could have asked for.  When you least want to turn to God is when you need him the most.  Those who learn to do that in their weakest moments are those who overcome their problems faster and a lot easier.  Through Christ.  I am striving to do that very thing.  And it is not easy. At the end of the baptism Rebecca offered the prayer.  It was one of the coolest moments of my life.  She said something like, "Thank you for the day Nov 28th when Sister Wagner and Sister Holland knocked on my door and gave me what I wasn't expecting..." She began to get emotional...and this is not Rebecca to get emotional.  She was saying to us a couple of months ago...I just can't see myself crying.  The spirit of the Lord touches peoples hearts if they move forward in faith and try to be close to Him.

Joselyn the cutest jovencita i've ever met was also baptized this weekend.  She is an incredible girl.  Her family is all inactive but she is so incredibly faithful.  I love her so much and will forever be her friend and hermana.  I am so grateful the Lord has given me the privilege of knowing such incredible people.  His children who are prepared to accept His Gospel.

It has not ceased to amaze me how aware Heavenly Father is of all of His children especially His missionaries.  This week we had a training meeting in which the first thing President Miller said was...  We are all unique works of God.  Everyone is extremely different and we are to appreciate the differences and make a rich experience with those differences.  Be positive and patient with those around you and yourself.  I then went to church where I heard both in Spanish and my native language...a message Heavenly Father wanted me to hear.  Unity...Charity...God loves you.  Don't forget that.  After a marathon Sunday of 2 wards back to back and a week of racking my brain and praying my heart out to know how to help my companion, be a better comapnion, and stay focused on the work I was still amazed at how well my Heavenly Father knows me and is aware of me.  As he is of you whoever may be reading this.  God gives us trials so that we may be stronger and learn to put aside our will and submit to His.

Moroni 7:45 is my motto these days.  Mas... que haria Jesucristo.  

Tengo que perserverar hasta el fin cada dia.  Me siento como cada dia es un nuevo aventura y en el fin del dia tengo que decir a mi Padre Celestial yo he hecho me mejor por favor aceptar este trabajo y ayudame ser mejor manana.  Cada dia es una lucha y cada momento una oportunidad de ayudar alguien mas.  Se que el senor vive y quiere que seamos felices.

Les quiero mucho.  Have a great week!

Hermana Holland

1 comment:

  1. Hermana Holland, thank you...
    I haven't ever written yet on your blog that I can recall...but I just wanted to thank you for your goodness and insight...for your perseverance in sharing your pure testimony of the gospel with others. Time and time again, I have been deeply touched by the sincerity of your words, thoughts...and testimony. On many days...I gain strength from your words. Thank you, Rachael...for that. You have truly been an inspiring help for me.
    Love,
    Sister LaPorte

    ReplyDelete